The role will work closely with the Director Sustainability Programme to successfully embed and support the delivery of their Sustainability strategy.
Through data gathering, analysis and reporting, engaging with internal teams to promote the sustainability agenda and liaising with tenants and senior external stakeholders on strategic projects, this role offers a wide exposure to many business areas within a UK property company and valuable insight into sustainability in the built environment.
- Contributing to the integration of sustainability within the business
- Reporting and communication of the business’ sustainability strategy
- Assistance with the sustainability tenant engagement programme
- Assist with the implementation and integration of GPUK’s sustainability strategy within the business. This will involve working with internal teams such as HR, Corporate Affairs, Gardens team and PAs to help embed and integrate sustainability into GPUK’s operations and decision-making to support the evolution of the company’s culture
- Engage with internal stakeholders to promote sustainability across the business and facilitate a better understanding of these topics by sharing relevant content through newsletters, events, presentations, and the dedicated Sustainability intranet page
- Capture and share lessons learned from the delivery of sustainability initiatives including collating case studies
- Assist with the sustainability reporting process, communicating reporting requirements and deadlines to internal stakeholders including coordinating the gathering of relevant information for the Board, Executive and the wider business.
- Work closely with the Asset Management and Property Management teams to help deliver a sector-leading sustainability tenant engagement plan for Grosvenor. This will include project managing engagement pilots, working with tenants to improve their understanding of sustainability, and helping run tenant forums.
- Lead the coordination and delivery of the annual Sustainability Tenant Awards.
- Undergraduate or Masters degree in Sustainability or other directly relevant subject and/or experience working in sustainability or real estate sector is essential
- Have a good understanding of sustainability issues in the real estate sector
- Experience in engaging and influencing stakeholders
- Excellent project management and project delivery experience
- Passionate about working towards a more sustainable future
- Excellent presentation skills, report writing and data analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to influence others and develop strong relationships
- A self-starter who is able to work with autonomy and a strong sense of self-motivation
Grosvenor is about delivering lasting commercial, social and environmental benefit
Grosvenor is an international organisation whose activities span urban property, food & agtech, rural estate management and support for philanthropic initiatives to deliver lasting commercial, social and environmental benefit. For this role specifically, there will be particular emphasis on supporting our UK property business where our focus is on creating places where communities, businesses and nature thrive.
Steeped in history but focused on the future
You’ll find their roots within the Grosvenor family’s 1,000 years of documented history and over 340 years of property investment excellence. But they are an organisation that’s firmly focused on the future. From progressive environmental action to being at the forefront of community engagement, they work with purpose and embrace change. So diversity of thought, new ideas and fresh perspectives really matter to them. They want their people to bring everything they are to work. Their life experiences, their knowledge, their unique take on challenges and solutions.
What’s it like to work there?
It’s purposeful, whether that’s greening our places in clever ways or engaging meaningfully with local communities. It’s sociable, in our buzzing café and at our many events. It’s ambitious, which you’ll see in our transformational development projects and investment pipeline. It’s challenging, varied and supportive; did you know we have an employee innovation programme? We also enjoy a flexible work environment and, because it’s a family business, we like to think we are a little less corporate too.